I have already confessed long ago that my relationship with food, is a bit complicated😉.
Those high-calorie & high-carb bites that I love, have an extremely eccentric way to love me back…they conspire with gravity and make me grow horizontally!!!
I have a very strong belief that I am enchanted by some sort of a spell. The days that I choose to go on a no-carb-diet, I end up consuming all sort of junk, perpetually!!! And I end up feeling cheated, on a non-cheat day😅😅
So I decided to strengthen my resolve and banked heavily on the offerings that Mother Nature has and thus, began my hunt!!!
‘My Experiment with….(not truth but)
Food & My Mood’
Winters are at its peak. And so is the offering from Mother Nature, its platter of these wide ranges of colourful, seasonal veggies. The vibrant colours of orange and strawberries, the green peas and red apples and a huge variety of green leafy veggies that make cooking (picking the greens ) a one of a kind experience!!
Each day…4 times a day😅😅 I’m definitely under some spell, else who in their right mind would love picking leafy greens!!! But the sight of those sauteed veggies garnished with lettuce, theme, spinach, mint, coriander leaves is drool-worthy!!!
What I’m going to share in this post, is the recipe that is a chartbuster for me. Not only due to its smooth texture, or because it makes me drool but also because it has a great nutritional value. The conventional recipe of any crème soup is usually loaded with salted butter and cream but not this. It has been customized on calories with no compromise on taste!!
#1. Crème of Broccoli Mushroom (serving size: ideal for 2 love birds )
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1″x1″ cube white butter
- 50 ml low-fat cow milk
- 20 grams of finely chopped broccoli & mushrooms, each (approx)
- A bunch of Coriander leaves/ Theme to garnish
- Black Pepper and Pink Rock Salt to taste
- Carefully place the butter cube in a heated pan, add the cornflour and mix until golden brown.
- Pour the low-fat cow milk, make it a smooth paste.
- Stir gently, as Elvis whispers in your ears “Love me tender”
- In another pot, set the finely chopped broccoli & mushrooms in water until tender.
- Take those slightly cooked veggies using a strainer and add to the now creamy paste
- Add water to customize its consistency.
- Garnish with coriander/theme.
- Add pepper to taste and enjoy it with a pinch of salt😉
Caution: Keep the gas burner on a low flame all the time but love, always on a highflame 💞
Other than satiating the appetite and enhancing your mood, this recipe has the following benefits
- Broccoli is am an excellent source of vitamin C & K.
- It’s a low on calorie and high on fibre and protein vegetable.
- Mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, soluble dietary fibres and high on copper and potassium.
- Mushrooms are good for heart health.
- Usage of Pink rock salt regulates ph and blood sugar levels.
- Listening to Elvis Presley while cooking uplifts your mood and enhances the taste of your food.
PS: The more colourful our food, the higher is its nutritional value. Add more veggies and fruits to your diet.